11.20.2007

Zombies.

Well, not really. There are no zombies around. But I feel like a zombie. Really I do. I had a job interview today. I had called about it yesterday, there was an ad in the paper asking for childcare for a four year old. So I called, and had an interview tonight.

Little did I realize that it's clear across town, and the bus stop is about 1.5 miles from their home. 1.5 miles TOTALLY uphill. ANd it's not a wussy hill. I may live in Ohio, but it's unglaciated Ohio. That means BIG HILLS. I was running a little late because I had to keep stopping on the way to their house. They seemed kinda pissed, but I can at least say I gave it my best shot.

The kiddo is four years old and absolutely adorable. I really hope I get the job. THat would mean about an extra 400 a month. And I'd get to keep my insurance. So yeah.
\
On the knitting front, I didn't get much done today. I'm planning on working on my grandma's Quiviuk Webs Scarf, that isn't really Quivit but Caron Simply Soft. I need to finish my other citrine sock, and work on a ton of christmas presents.

On the Webs scarf, I fudged most of the lace, and eliminated the acre pattern in favor of simple garter stitch.

The citrine socks are two color stripes now.

No comments: